Welcome to ODL Jobline! Below are the latest Oklahoma announcements
we have received. Jobline is updated when new announcements are received
or when announcements expire.
Jobline is a free service of the Oklahoma Department of Libraries.
All library positions listed guarantee equal employment and advancement
Be sure to check the link to Other Employment Resources
on the Web for links to other major Oklahoma library joblines.
Following are the latest Oklahoma library positions that we are aware
Librarian/Public Services Assistant
Pioneer Library System /Moore Public Library
Provides high-level customer service by assisting customers in the use of Pioneer Library System’s resources and in the operation of computers and standard office software products; provides timely and accurate information and answers to research questions; develops and conducts programming; performs other duties as assigned.
Beginning Salary—Compensation based on education, qualifications & experience: MLIS Preferred: $38,700/yr or BA/BS Required: $31,429/yr
Applications Accepted—December 17th, 2014 through January 15th, 2015
Find Out More
Technical Services Librarian
East Central University, Ada
Librarian/Instructor/non-tenure track/12 month.
Duties—responsible for cataloging, government documents, and systems; shared reference and instruction; faculty liaison and collection development in assigned subject areas; supervises one full-time staff member. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: ALA accredited MLS; excellent communication skills, strong public service orientation, and technical experience.
Preferred Qualifications—previous cataloging, government documents and/or systems experience preferred, particularly with Innovative Interfaces Inc. products.
To Apply—Send a letter of application, resume, three references (with names, addresses, phone numbers), Disclosure Statement, and copies of all graduate and undergraduate transcripts to: Employment Services, East Central University, 1100 E. 14th Street, Ada, OK 74820 or via email to email@example.com.
Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For More Information
Tulsa Community College (Northeast Campus)
Coordinates services of assigned Library including human and information resources.
Classification—Administrative Position Type—Full-time
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science.
- Experience and/or training in media (AV) services, and in collection development preferred.
- Computer skills including automated library systems and electronic information retrieval.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Demonstrated progressive attitude toward the functioning of a modern college library, including automated procedures.
For More Information
Circulation Services Coordinator
Southwestern Oklahoma State University, Weatherford
Job Description—The Circulation Services Coordinator, under supervision of Head of Public Services Librarian, executes, supervises, and performs daily management of all circulation desk functions, including student assistant supervision, reserve and electronic reserve services, departmental reports, and other assigned duties for the Public Services Department; maintains and consistently provides excellent customer service; serves as a resource to patrons; refers patrons to Reference Desk when needed and trains students on referrals; prepares informational materials; reviews operating practices and procedures, recommending changes to increase ace racy and efficiency; supervises students in stack maintenance of the Library’s circulating collections; supervises, trains, evaluates, and provides direction to student assistants; determines and assigns daily departmental duties to student assistants, fool lowing up on task completion; oversees the duties and response abilities of Student Supervisors; schedules students in Circulation and provides assistance to other departments; works with the Head of Public Services Librarian to facilitate disciplinary procedures when necessary; assists in the interpretation and evaluation of Circulation statistics in relation to departmental functions; extensive use of spreadsheet applications and some web design; creates and maintains reserve records in ILS system; communicates regularly with SWOSU Faculty, administer Electronic Reserves, and leads digitization of various media for Electronic Reserve; works extensively with patron records and accounts, maintaining fine, fee, and lost item notices; performs complex bibliographic and library record searches; coordinates with the Resource Sharing Technician and provides billing and statistical information as needed; and cross-trains the Resource Sharing Technician in basic circulation services to serve as a backup as needed. The Circulation Services Coordinator shall promote the SWOSU environment of celebrating diversity in all forms.
Anticipated Start Date—November 2014
Salary—Commensurate with existing salary structure.
For More Information
Library Technology Manager (Faculty Position)
Robert M. Bird Health Sciences Library, Oklahoma City
Rank/salary range: Non-tenured, minimum rank of Assistant Professor/$40,000-50,000.
Minimum requirements—Masters' Degree from ALA-accredited library school or knowledge management program OR BA in Computer Science/related field combined with one or more graduate-level degrees.
For more information and application instructions visit jobs.ou.edu, select "search listings" on the left, and enter requisition number 20445.
Contact: Jason Bengtson, Chair, Search Committee, firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Manager of Library Operations I [3 separate jobs]
Almonte Library • Ralph Ellison Library • Village Library—Metropolitan Library System
Job Summary: Responsible for the day-to-day management of a small to medium sized community library, including, but not limited to, library services, collection management, facility management, staff and volunteer management, budget preparation and oversight, programming, community related activities, and safety. This requires excellent customer service skills, building and maintaining strategic relationships; planning and organizational skills; and the ability to create and maintain a library that is an inviting and innovative link to the world.
For More Information
Assistant Manager of Library Operations
Downtown Library—Metropolitan Library System
Job Summary: Under supervision of the manager of library operations, assists with the planning, organizing and managing operations of a community library; may supervise staff and volunteers.
For More Information
Casady School, Oklahoma City
Essential Functions: The Librarian at the Upper Division serves as the Director of Library Services, or Head Librarian in addition to the role of upper school librarian. He/She ensures that all three libraries are carrying out the mission of the Casady School Library Program and Casady School.
- Function as department chair, oversee library staff and their responsibilities, represent the library at Department Chair meetings and on appropriate committees and task forces, maintain awareness of curricular and co-curricular initiatives and issues
- Prepare and administer budget
- Manage the library web page
- Manage the library facility
- Represent the library at external meetings and at Casady events
- Attend All-Employee, Full-Faculty, and Upper School Faculty Meetings
- Participate in other responsibilities as determined by the Head of School and/or Upper Division Director
- Make resources available through a systematically developed collection in the library, through access to online resources, and via interlibrary loan
- Acquire and classify all print and digital materials and manage subscriptions
- Manage the library in a way that encourages use and access
- Maintain professional connections outside Casady and participate in professional development opportunities
- Communicate library programs goals and needs to the administration
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that access to information is not restricted and interpret laws and policies regarding information
- Provide information and digital literacy instruction to students and faculty, both individually and in collaboration with course projects
- Offer assistance to teachers in the selection and purchase of instructional materials and in the use of information resources
- Plan cooperatively and collaboratively with teachers to incorporate information literacies into the curriculum
- Provide leadership in assessing, evaluating and implementing information and instructional technologies
- Prepare bibliographies and LibGuides (pathfinders) for faculty, class assignments, and special events
- Provide instruction in the use of media services and resources
- Work closely with faculty to promote effective use of media services and resources
- Minimum of Master’s of education with library/instructional technology emphasis or library and information studies degree
- Minimum of five years library experience
- Certification by the State of Oklahoma as a Library Media Specialist recommended
- Familiarity with PCs, Macs, Microsoft Office, ILSs, and iPads
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Experience with collection development for students in grade 9–12 and adults
- Must be able to work with high school students
If interested, please call Mrs. Lynn Patterson at 405–749–3111 or email her at email@example.com. Salary is commensurate upon experience and qualifications
In the Tulsa area, the Tulsa City-County Library (TCCL)
usually has a few job openings. Check for those announcements.
In the local Oklahoma City area, The Metropolitan Library
System of Oklahoma County usually has a few Job openings—find
out more about these opportunities.
- All Rights Reserved
Oklahoma Department of Libraries