Welcome to ODL Jobline! Below are the latest Oklahoma announcements
we have received. Jobline is updated when new announcements are received
or when announcements expire.
Jobline is a free service of the Oklahoma Department of Libraries.
All library positions listed guarantee equal employment and advancement
Be sure to check the link to Other Employment Resources
on the Web for links to other major Oklahoma library joblines.
Following are the latest Oklahoma library positions that we are aware
Part-Time Library Clerk
Catoosa Public Library
- Performs all circulation desk duties.
- Shelve library material.
- Operates a variety of standard office machines.
- Processes and maintains library materials.
- Answers telephones and provides routine information, refers and transfers calls.
- Notifies patrons about reserved materials.
- Assists patrons in locating materials and with reference questions.
- Performs all opening/closing procedures in work /public areas. Assists with library programming.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer skills essential including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Some knowledge of library clerical procedures and practices.
- Good knowledge of business clerical practices.
- Good knowledge of the English language.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues.
- Enjoy working with the general public.
For More Information
Oklahoma Department of Libraries, Oklahoma City
Reference service, collection development, digital collection maintenance, and outreach.
Positions in this job family are responsible for supervising and/or performing professional level services for the Oklahoma Department of Libraries, or a library function at other state agencies.
Level I is the basic level where incumbents are assigned to a specialized area and provide routine assistance to the public and staff. They will perform routine cataloging, classification and reference and information services.
Find out more, including how to apply.
Library Associate—Young Adult/Adult Services
Mabel C. Fry Public Library,
Hours—Full-time, 40 hours a week; including nights and Saturdays as needed.
Position Summary—The primary focus of this position will be Young Adult/Adult Services; planning and promoting programs for patrons from 6th–12th grade and adults ages 18 and older. The successful candidate is customer service oriented, possesses good communications skills, and enjoys working in a team environment. This position offers candidates a wide range of opportunities based on the individual’s education and skill level.
Education, Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Previous library experience, preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patrons, other employees both within the library and in other city departments, and community organizations.
- Experience with computers, standard office software and office machines.
- Employee must be able to lift or move 25 pounds, stand and move about the library for extended periods of time, and be able to stoop, kneel or crouch.
Job Duties May Include Any of the Following:
- Performing circulation services including checking materials in and out of the library, shelving library materials, issuing library cards, processing library reserves, and collecting and recording fine payments.
- Planning, promoting and implementing programs.
- Providing outreach services to the library community.
- Prepare new materials for circulation.
- Original and copy cataloging of print and non-print materials.
- Maintenance of library web page.
- Providing effective reference services and readers’ advisory services using a wide range of sources including computerized databases, internet, ebook and print sources.
- Providing collection development duties including selection and deselection of all types of library materials.
- Performs other related responsibilities as required.
Salary—$31,665, plus benefits
Position becomes available September 15, 2014
Applications—Accepted through September 29, 2014
Available here and from: City of Yukon, 500 W. Main, Yukon, OK 73099
Library Technical Assistant—Public Services
Rose State College, Midwest City
Assist in all areas of the Learning Resource Center (LRC) and provide coverage and breaks for regular and part-time staff. Assist LRC patrons and telephone callers with the use of LRC computers, indexes and reference materials. Assist LRC patrons with microfilm copier or other duplication equipment. Maintain online calendars for Information Literacy Orientation Lab and help schedule classrooms and study rooms. Perform reference tasks such as conducting searches of electronic databases as directed.
Troubleshoot computer and printer problems in the Information Literacy Orientation Lab and other areas of the LRC by resolving minor issues and reporting major issues to the necessary individuals. Maintain the appropriate toner and paper supply levels for equipment in the LRC. Perform basic maintenance on computers and equipment in the Information Literacy Orientation Lab and other areas of the LRC to include cleaning screens, mice, mouse pads and keyboards.
Assist with writing and editing LRC publications including the development of tables, charts, and graphs. Assist in the design and development of exhibits and signage for the LRC. Assist in the maintenance of the LRC web pages and the development of new web pages. Assist the Dean and Librarians in the planning and implementation of special projects and marketing efforts.
Assist in the management of assignments and projects of other part-time hourly staff of designated LRC areas. Assist in the supervision of evening and weekend Circulation staff. Perform all Circulation functions to include the re-shelving of books and the maintenance of the Circulation database. Assist with entering financial information and data into PeopleSoft financials. Perform closing duties of the LRC each evening and ensure the proper shut-down of computers and equipment in addition to securing of monies and assigned area. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Regular attendance is an essential function of this position. The hours are 1:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., Sunday through Thursday.
Application Deadline: September 5, 2014
For Complete Information How to Apply
Library Technology Manager (Faculty Position)
Robert M. Bird Health Sciences Library, Oklahoma City
Rank/salary range: Non-tenured, minimum rank of Assistant Professor/$40,000-50,000.
Minimum requirements—Masters' Degree from ALA-accredited library school or knowledge management program OR BA in Computer Science/related field combined with one or more graduate-level degrees.
For more information and application instructions visit jobs.ou.edu, select "search listings" on the left, and enter requisition number 20445.
Contact: Jason Bengtson, Chair, Search Committee, email@example.com
The University of Oklahoma is an Equal Opportunity Employer, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Oral Roberts University, Tulsa
Looking for a well-qualified reference librarian with a commitment to excellent service. This position is full-time (12-month contract) and includes duties at the Reference and Circulation Desks as well as Interlibrary Loan and Collection Development. Schedule will include three to four evenings and at least one weekend day per week.
For More Information
Shared Library Branch Manager
Reiger Memorial Library (Haskell) and Warner
Manages and administers the operation and staff of two
branches—one in Haskell, one in Warner.
Manager ensures outstanding customer
service is provided to all patrons; serves as an advocate and
spokesperson for the branch and the System in the communities.
40 hrs. per week, 20 in Haskell, 20 in Warner; includes some evenings and
Saturdays. Qualifications: MLS/MLIS; or BA/BS and five or more years
related library experience; and experience developing programs for
library users of all ages. Demonstrated performance in a management
position and library coursework. Duties include managing the library
buildings, staff, and collections using professional principles of the
library field. Manager will oversee the successful long term and daily
operation of the libraries including awareness and use of the library
facility, staff supervision and training, financial transactions and
successful development of good relationships with governmental officials,
library friends and volunteers.
Beginning salary $38,500 plus excellent benefits.
Applications are available at any EODLS library but
must be returned to:
Eastern OK District Library System
Attn: Haskell/Warner opening
814 W. Okmulgee,
Muskogee, OK 74401
Applications will be accepted until the job is filled.
For More Information
Ponca City Public Library
General Job Description: This is a professional Librarian position, providing administrative, supervisory and direct service work, coordinating and managing the children and teen collection, programming and activities. This staff member also provides general library services for young library customers, including special services such as the Summer Reading Program, story hours and outreach that enhance the lives of and promote reading to young customers.
For More Information
Manager of Library Operations I [3 separate jobs]
Almonte Library • Ralph Ellison Library • Village Library—Metropolitan Library System
Job Summary: Responsible for the day-to-day management of a small to medium sized community library, including, but not limited to, library services, collection management, facility management, staff and volunteer management, budget preparation and oversight, programming, community related activities, and safety. This requires excellent customer service skills, building and maintaining strategic relationships; planning and organizational skills; and the ability to create and maintain a library that is an inviting and innovative link to the world.
For More Information
Assistant Manager of Library Operations [2 separate jobs]
Edmond Library and Downtown Library—Metropolitan Library System
Job Summary: Under supervision of the manager of library operations, assists with the planning, organizing and managing operations of a community library; may supervise staff and volunteers.
For More Information
Casady School, Oklahoma City
Essential Functions: The Librarian at the Upper Division serves as the Director of Library Services, or Head Librarian in addition to the role of upper school librarian. He/She ensures that all three libraries are carrying out the mission of the Casady School Library Program and Casady School.
- Function as department chair, oversee library staff and their responsibilities, represent the library at Department Chair meetings and on appropriate committees and task forces, maintain awareness of curricular and co-curricular initiatives and issues
- Prepare and administer budget
- Manage the library web page
- Manage the library facility
- Represent the library at external meetings and at Casady events
- Attend All-Employee, Full-Faculty, and Upper School Faculty Meetings
- Participate in other responsibilities as determined by the Head of School and/or Upper Division Director
- Make resources available through a systematically developed collection in the library, through access to online resources, and via interlibrary loan
- Acquire and classify all print and digital materials and manage subscriptions
- Manage the library in a way that encourages use and access
- Maintain professional connections outside Casady and participate in professional development opportunities
- Communicate library programs goals and needs to the administration
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that access to information is not restricted and interpret laws and policies regarding information
- Provide information and digital literacy instruction to students and faculty, both individually and in collaboration with course projects
- Offer assistance to teachers in the selection and purchase of instructional materials and in the use of information resources
- Plan cooperatively and collaboratively with teachers to incorporate information literacies into the curriculum
- Provide leadership in assessing, evaluating and implementing information and instructional technologies
- Prepare bibliographies and LibGuides (pathfinders) for faculty, class assignments, and special events
- Provide instruction in the use of media services and resources
- Work closely with faculty to promote effective use of media services and resources
- Minimum of Master’s of education with library/instructional technology emphasis or library and information studies degree
- Minimum of five years library experience
- Certification by the State of Oklahoma as a Library Media Specialist recommended
- Familiarity with PCs, Macs, Microsoft Office, ILSs, and iPads
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Experience with collection development for students in grade 9–12 and adults
- Must be able to work with high school students
If interested, please call Mrs. Lynn Patterson at 405–749–3111 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Salary is commensurate upon experience and qualifications
Assistant or Associate Professor and Assistant Head
Access Services, Oklahoma State University Libraries
The OSU Library seeks a highly motivated professional with a strong commitment to public and reference service to lead the Library¹s new Circulation and Information Services. This is a tenure track position reporting to the Department Head, Access Services. This key position has a critical role in the success of the new service point and will assume primary responsibility for the overall implementation of the new Circulation and Information Services initiative, including responsibility for the first level of tiered reference and have an ongoing role in training, mentoring and monitoring to insure continuous improvement and overall success. The assistant head will assume a secondary role for the Department Head in oversight and guidance for all services within Access Services.
For More Information
Manager of Library Operations I
Ralph Ellison Library—Metropolitan Library System
Job Summary—Responsible for the day-to-day management of a small to medium sized community library, including, but not limited to, library services, collection management, facility management, staff and volunteer management, budget preparation and oversight, programming, community related activities, and safety. This requires excellent customer service skills, building and maintaining strategic relationships; planning and organizational skills; and the ability to create and maintain a library that is an inviting and innovative link to the world.
For More Information
Associate Dean for Research and Learning Service
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater
The Associate Dean for Research and Learning Services exercises direct administrative leadership for graduate and undergraduate library services, reference and information services, liaison efforts with teaching and research faculty, and assessment of library services and will lead efforts to institute new models for reference assistance and liaison activities.
In the Tulsa area, the Tulsa City-County Library (TCCL)
usually has a few job openings. Check for those announcements.
In the local Oklahoma City area, The Metropolitan Library
System of Oklahoma County usually has a few Job openings—find
out more about these opportunities.
- All Rights Reserved
Oklahoma Department of Libraries